Human Growth Hormone is a vital hormone synthesized in the body naturally by the pituitary gland which is responsible for the growth of the body and other internal organs. It’s a vital part in the body and the production of this hormone are briefed here.
It is a peptide hormone and it is made up of a combination of 191 amino acids. They are protein hormone in the body. The hormone is secreted in the anterior part of the pituitary gland in the hypo thalamus region. The secretion process is simple and it is easy to understand.
– A growth hormone releasing hormone is secreted by the pituitary gland
– This stimulates the release of the human growth hormone that is naturally available in the body.
The growth hormone has to be stimulated by some means in order to perform its function. They can be done naturally and also artificially by the use of drugs. The natural means of growth hormone stimulators are,
– Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone
– Deep Sleep
– Increased secretion of sex hormones
The factors that prevent the stimulation of the growth hormone are (1) hyperglycemia, (2) Glucocorticoids, (3) Pre ventricular nucleus secretion and (4) Estradiol.
They all are of natural process that is taking place with in the body. The human growth hormone in the body is to be in correct percentage. Even if it is low or high it will cause serious damage to the person. But the abnormalities can be controlled by some external treatment. But it cannot be done once it is exceeded the treatment stage.
Deficiency of the Human Growth Hormone will cause the following damage to the human being.
– Dwarfism in children. This is a condition in which the child will not grow in height and the growth will be blocked in the earlier stage itself.
– In adults it will cause Obesity, which is a condition in which excess fat accumulates in the body leading to an improper function of liver and the cholesterol mixing up with the blood.
Excess secretion of human growth hormone will also cause abnormalities like,
– Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in adults in which the wrist will lose its function.
– It will cause gigantism in children resulting in the over growth of all parts of the body.
– It will also lead to the enlargement of heart known as Acremogaly.
– There is a possibility of developing pituitary tumor.
You must know the functions of the human growth hormone in a human body. It is called as Somato Tropic hormone secreted by the master gland. It has many functions which includes the below mentioned also.
– Increase in the height of the individual.
– Increase in the production of muscles in the body.
– Increases the bone strength and prevents Osteoporosis
– Helps in the growth of the internal vital organs of the body.
– Helps in the synthesis of protein in the body
– Develops a highly resistant immune system and
– Increases the energy level in the body.